Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hamster Tube

I wanted to crochet something for one of our hamsters (we have 3). I already crochet a Hamster Hut for one of them. But this one likes to sleep in the toilet paper roll tubes we put in her cage (to chew on--which she also does..). So I thought why not crochet her a tube?

Here she is inside it. :P She's a Russian Dwarf Hamster. Her name is Oak. She's super tiny! I will have to make bigger tubes for the other two hamsters (they're Dwarf Teddy Bear Hamsters, but still a lot bigger than her!). Edited to add: I made a bigger tube.

Here she is, checking it out. It was hard to get a good picture of her, she kept running around so fast. :P

To crochet the tube, I used:
G hook
Worsted Weight cotton yarn (Peaches n' Cream, or Sugar n' Cream)
Ch 24. Join to make a ring. Ch 1, sc in each chain around. Ch 1, turn.
Round 1: Sc in each sc around. Ch 1, turn.
Repeat round one until your tube is as long as you like. Fasten off and weave in ends.
I want to make some really long ones, for them to play in. :P


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home