Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Quick & Cozy Newborn Thumbless Mitts

After looking for an easy baby mitten pattern with the same size hook and yarn that I used to make the hat with, I got so irritated that I decided to just make one up that was simple and fast. I really didn't know what I was doing, I am surprised they turned out. :P I haven't actually tried these on a real newborn but they seem to be the same size as all the other mittens out there...

Edited To Add: Ater making these for a while, and reading comments from a charity group I am on how big to make newborn mittens, I have edited this pattern. The picture shown is of the old pattern...

F hook
Baby yarn (such as Lion Brand Soft Baby, or Bernat Softee Baby)
yarn needle
scissors

These will measure 4.5 inches from tip to 'cuff'.

Ch 24. Hdc in third chain from hook and in each ch across. Ch 2, turn.
Row 2: Hdc in same space as beg ch 2 & in each st across. Ch 2, turn.
Rows 3-10: Repeat row 2.
Row 11: Hdc in same space as beg ch 2, *Ch 1, sk one st, hdc in next st, rep from * across. Join. Ch 2, turn.
Row 12: Hdc in same space as beg ch 2, hdc in each space and st across. Ch 1, turn.
Rown 13& 14: Repeat row 2. Do not fasten off at end of row 14. Fold mitt in half and sl st sides and top together. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Tie: Ch 70. Fasten off, weave ends in through the back loops of ch. Weave through the ch spaces on mitt, with the bow in front of mitt.

Make another mitt and you're done. :-D

3 Comments:

  • Very cute! I have a similar pair on my blog too. Great, Great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • Newborn mittens are SO TINY!

    I just love them. Thank you for the pattern.

    By Blogger paula, at 1:33 PM  

  • Thank you both.

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home