Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cow Keychain Critter


This one is for Moo Mooo. (And anyone else who likes cows!!) About a year ago, when I had posted my yo-yo keychain critters pattern on Crochetville, Moo Mooo had asked if I could make her a cow one. Well I TOTALLT forgot about that, until today when I was reading through some of the posts on that thread (after posting my Pumpkin Keychain Thingy). So, sorry it has taken me almost a year to make you a cow, but here it is, Moo Mooo:

White ww yarn
small amounts black and brown ww yarn
google eyes (I like the sew on kind)
H hook
yarn needle

Using the basic yo-yo pattern, I make a yo-yo in white. You can make it all one color. I tried making a spot (it was kind of complicated): In about the fourth dc, draw up black for the last loop, drop the black. Then pick up white for the first half of the next dc. Draw black through the first half of the dc, then wrap it around to finish it but draw white through. Work over the black yarn and finish with white. Fasten off.

Then, I made the same ears as I did for the Bear/Mouse: Join with a sl st in the 4th sc to the right of the keychain. In same space, sc, hdc, and sl st. Then fasten off. Do the same in the 4th sc to the left of the keychain. Weave in all your ends. (I changed it to the fourth sc for the cow, in the original pattern it is the 2nd...)

Horns: With brown, in stitch 2nd to the left of the right ear, join w/ slst. Ch 3. Sl st in 2nd ch from hook. Sc in next ch. Sl st to stitch on cow. Fasten off. For the other horn, do one stitch to the right of the left ear.

'Snout' (?): With black (or white, your choice), ch 4. 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook. sc in next ch. 4 sc in last ch. Fasten off, leaving a length to sew onto cows face. Sew on, over the middle 'hole'.

With white, make two French knots for the snout holes (optional). (Hopefully you are better at making French knots than I am! :0)

Sew or glue on google eyes, attach keychain ring in center stitch of horns. Moooo! Happy Crocheting! :P

2 Comments:

  • I made one of these for my mom as well as one that looked sorta like a chicken! They loved them!

    By Blogger Mary/May, at 6:07 PM  

  • I'm trying to find the Mickey Mouse squares,could you direct me in the right direction please?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home