Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Monday, April 21, 2008

A Red & White Lighthouse Bookmark

I finally got this one done. Sorry for the bad picture.... (sigh) I really think it is just my junky camera. Anyway~~ this is a revised version of my black and white bookmark. I made this one to look somewhat like the Cape Palliser Lighthouse, in New Zealand. But, with more red and white stripes in it. Kinda like this lighthouse in Westechever/Schlewig-Holstein, Germany. Here are my revised directions for this one:

Red and white size 10 crochet cotton
Size 6 steel hook (I know I used a 7 for the other one, but I couldn't find it this time so I just used a 6...)

With white, Ch 21. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 1, turn. (20 sc)
Rw 2-10: Sc in each sc across. At end of row 10, fasten off white.
Rw 11: Join red with sl st in third sc. Ch 1, Sc in each sc across, to last 2 sc. Do not sc in last 2 sc. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 12-16 : Sc in each sc across Ch 1, turn. At end of row 16, fasten off red.
Rw 17: Turn work, join white. Ch 1, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 18-22: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. At end of row 22, fasten off white.
Rw 23: Turn work, join red. Ch 1, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 24: (Decrease row) Sc first two sc tog. Sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc last two tog. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 25-28: Sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn. At end of row 28, fasten off red.
Rw 29: Turn work. Join white. Ch 1, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 30: Rep row 24.
Rw 31- 34: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. At end of row 34, fasten off white.
Rw 35: Turn work. Join red. Ch 1, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 36-40: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. At end of row 40, fasten off red.
Rw 41: Turn work. Join white. Ch 1, sc in each sc across. At end of row 41, ch 4. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 2 chains. 42: Sc in each sc across, ch 4 at end of row 42. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, and in next 2 chains. Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.
43: Sc 1st 2 tog. Sc in next 7 sc. Sc next 2 tog. Ch 1, turn.
44: Sc 1st 2 tog. Sc in next 5 sc. Sc next 2 tog. Ch 1, turn.
45: Sc 1st 2 tog. Sc in next 3 sc. Sc next 2 tog. Fasten off.

I have only made the one of these so far, and this hasn't been tested. So if I make another one and can make the directions more clear, or find something that's not right, I'll fix it.

You can make these as gifts, or even to sell (but not on the internet), but DO NOT sell this pattern. It is a free pattern. Thanks and have fun. :)

1 Comments:

  • Amazing bookmark..loved it.goin to try out soon..thanks for sharing

    By Blogger EC, at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home